The “Hallische Händel-Ausgabe” is a critical complete edition of Händel’s oevre based on all known sources. It is made for theoretical and practical use. The Editorial Board is put together internationally. Each volume contains an introduction that consists of the origin history, the works’ heritage, and a discussion of performance questions. In each edition of vocal works there is a German and, if necessary, an English translation of the lyrics. 116 editions are planned with critical reports, libretti facsimiles of the operas and oratorios in 5 series, and about 10 volumes of supplements.
Academy of Sciences and Literature | Mainz
- Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Hirschmann (Project Leader)
- Dr. Terence Best (Project Leader)
- Stephan Blaut M.A. (Research Associate)
- Dr. Annette Landgraf (Research Associate)
- Dr. Michael Pacholke (Research Associate)
- Teresa Ramer-Wünsche M.A. (Research Associate)
- Phillip Schmidt M.A. (Research Associate)
- Running time
- Project type
Responsible for the academies' programme
Sebastian Zwies M.A.
Union der deutschen Akademien der Wissenschaften
Tel: 06131/218 528-17